Your safety is our business since 1986!
Devices for use in explosive areas have to fulfil specific requirements. ecom has been involved in this field for over 25 years and has acquired extensive expertise in explosion protection for everyday industrial use in potentially explosive atmospheres.
ecom instruments is a manufacturer of equipment for use in various sectors, including oil and gas, chemicals, petrochemicals, mining, pharmaceuticals, energy and the environment. Reputable, professional, competent and reliable: This is what our customers have become familiar with all over the world.
- Awarded with the „Würth Future Champion Award“
- World's 1st intrinsically safe Mobile Computer with WWAN functionality
- Awarded "World Market Leader 2010"
- First approval for Australia (TestSafe)
2007 - 2008
- Established ecom service center in Houston, TX and in Singapore
- First approval for Japan (TIIS)
- World's 1st intrinsically safe LED flashlight for Zone 0
- First FM approval for the North American market
- World's 1st Windows CE based intrinsically safe PDA
1997 - 2007
- Establishing sales offices throughout Europe, USA, UAE and APAC
- Approval of quality assurance and production according to ATEX (Atmosphère explosible) is applied for the two EC directives in the field of explosion protection, namely ATEX product directive 94/9/EC and ATEX operating directive 1999/92/EC
- Acquisition of the DIN-ISO 9001 quality certificate
- World's 1st intrinsically safe GSM mobile phone
- ecom introduces its first in-house developed explosion-shielded calibrator (EX-mAG 20) to the market
- Founding of Ecom Rolf Nied GmbH in Assamstadt, Germany